AUTHOR: Beth TITLE: DATE: 8/05/2002 09:06:00 PM ----- BODY:
BLAH. Today sucks. Joe, who gets away with a lot based on his good looks and beguiling smile, managed to rope me into working for him tonight. Meanwhile I'm in the midst of the most painful monthly "visit" of my life, and while I love both the Globe and Joe dearly, what I really need instead of ringing phones, shouting editors and the harsh glow of the computer screen tonight is a Joaquin movie, large quantities of ice cream, my cat, my couch and an afghan. Blargh. I'm in such a pissy mood. I shouldn't have gotten out of bed today. I got incredibly incensed at Sarah Edwards for not mentioning Joaquin in her review of Signs. Then I got pissed at Joaquin for not actually starring in any movies, and always being the supporting actor everyone overlooks for, say, Mel Gibson or Russell Crowe. Then I took a deep breath and realized that I was getting wayyy too angry at not one but two people I've never even met. Such is my hormonal fluctuation. I'm covered in bug bites from Andy's BBQ. Bah! Itch, itch itch. Life is terrible, no? Of course, today I also read K's story about her cat, and I felt like a total schmuck, because even though today is bad, I haven't had a day nearly as bad as hers in a long time. I'm thinkin of you right now, dude. That's just plain sucknuggets right there.
--------