AUTHOR: Beth TITLE: DATE: 10/26/2003 07:47:00 PM ----- BODY:
Not much to report about this weekend, except that I've gotten so old so suddenly I may drop dead at any moment, I'm afraid. Friday? Was going to go to a movie, School of Rock, with Stephen, which would have been especially "neat" considering we rarely agree on a movie. Oh, too bad, the movie's next showing time was at 10:20 p.m., and Grandma over here had decided by 9:30 that she wouldn't make it. Went to bed at 11:30 after doing absolutely nothing instead. Yesterday I spent most of the late morning/early afternoon raking leaves in the backyard. We might as well not have, though, because the wind essentially erased our work as soon as it was done. Right now it looks like the floor of the Amazon jungle out there all over again. Great googly moogly. Then I had to clean my room and car, more thrilling weekend rock star partying action. We went to dinner and then to Tim's house, and I was bound and determined to make it through SNL, which I've never gotten to watch the day it airs due to weekend scheduling conflicts (like, you know, actually having a life). Guess what? Around 11:15, I was done. Time to go to bed. Do not pass go, do not collect $200, go directly to bed. I heard later that it was the "Best of Tracy Morgan" episode, which is probably an oxymoron, so I didn't miss much anyway, but that's not the goddamn point, and you know it. Next thing I know, someone's going to be feeding me strained carrots, and I don't like it one bit. Today...well, today I forgot about daylight savings time (forgetting, that's another sign of senility, that and falling, which I also did yesterday for the second time this week, this time trying to get into my car from the curb, which I never remeber having been a challenging activity) and woke up at 7:30, which would have been a great time to go get the early bird special down the Ground Round for breakfast, but I didn't think about it. I spent today alternately cursing at my football team and in bed taking naps because I was still. so. tired. I don't know what's wrong with me. Maybe I'm coming down with something. Yeah, it's a bad case of "lame", I think.
--------