AUTHOR: Beth TITLE: DATE: 4/14/2004 05:07:00 PM ----- BODY:

Frustrated, Incorporated

Not much to report today. Still raining buckets. I'm not 100 percent right now, for whatever reason. In fact, I'd say I'm hovering around a mediocre 70 percent. Brain function, that is. I feel like I'm moving in slow motion. Thinking underwater. Reading Michele's blog the last few days has been a humbling experience. In other news, I dusted off Soul Asylum's Let Your Dim Light Shine the other day, and it's been on perma-play ever since, particularly the song "Misery:"
They say misery Loves company We could start a company And make misery Frustrated, Incorporated Well I know just what you need I might just have the thing I know what you'd pay to see Put me out of my misery I'd do it for you, would you do it for me We will always be busy making misery We could build a factory and make misery We'll create the cure; we made the disease
God only knows where that came from. Soul Asylum is so 1995. Times like this, I really miss 1995.
--------