DATE: 6/21/2004 04:01:00 PM
There will be a full-fledged update soon. In the meantime, here's a brief list of some of the things that have happened in the past 48 hours or so:
1. Signed the lease on the apartment.
2. Argued with Steve about whether we needed to get a new bed.
3. Bought a new bed, headboard, and linens.
4. Moved the couch, coffee table, end table, chairs and a television into the apartment.
5. Began excavating my desk.
6. Drove around mid-excavation trying to find an open liquor store, and when that proved impossible, trying to find a grocery store that would give me empty boxes.
7. Finally found a grocery store with a stack of empty produce boxes. Problem: they were banana boxes, meaning they're open on both the top and the bottom. I managed to make off with two slightly damp former broccoli boxes.
8. Returned home too tired and frustrated to continue the excavation.
9. Rolled out of bed around 6:45 this morning.
10. Arrived at work to find my computer totally F.U.B.A.R.
11. Busied myself till the IT guy showed up.
12. Was told that the IT guy called in sick.