AUTHOR: Beth TITLE: DATE: 7/24/2004 02:45:00 PM ----- BODY:

"God is a comedian playing to an audience that is afraid to laugh."

--Voltaire
This morning--or, early afternoon, I should say, Saturdays rule--I was in the shower, obsessing about a bunch of stuff, I mean really going to town inside my little noodle with thinking machinations, when the shower curtain rod slipped loose from the wall / window frame and crashed down, snagging the window blinds, drawing them wide open, so that my soapy nakedness was the entire neighborhood's to observe. As I fumbled with the unruly apparatus, one of the neighbor kids started yelling "Whoo! Whoo! Whoo! Whoo!" It was like life was saying to me suddenly, and without warning, "Stop thinking about it. Now." Cause I'll tell you. There's nothing like appearing naked to your neighbors to make your train of thought jump the tracks.
--------