AUTHOR: Beth TITLE: DATE: 7/24/2004 12:10:00 PM ----- BODY:

Things Overheard

Boston Market employees: always looking out for your safety.  Posted by Hello
Actual conversation between me and a guy on the phone at work yesterday:
Me: Good Afternoon, (Name of my Company), this is Beth. Moron: Yes, is (George) available? Me: I'm sorry, he's left for the day. Moron: He has, huh. Me: Yes. Is there anyone else who can help you? Moron: I don't know. Is there?
Actual utterance by a Boston Market employee last night when Steve and I went there to get dinner, when he accidentally gave my order to the customer at the drive through:
"Shit, that guy's gonna come back with a gun!!"
That was the funniest thing I'd heard all day. Furthermore, K told me yesterday that Ryan was on a train somewhere in Boston yesterday, and a DNC representative--I guess, someone who's being paid to be a tourist--was standing directly in the doorway of the train. Ryan squeezed by her and took his place hanging on to one of the railings. A moment later, she elbowed him in the ribs, and said, "Hey. Asshole. You stepped on my foot." Ryan moved away from her and watched from a distance as she continued to stand directly in the doorway, and greet Bostonians with "Ow. Ouch! Ow. Asshole!" I admire his self-control. Finally, last night K and I were discussing for some reason what she'd had for dinner before I came over. And she said, and I quote:
Chicken--(gasp!) I'm sorry...
--------