AUTHOR: Beth TITLE: Four More Wars DATE: 11/03/2004 08:03:00 AM ----- BODY:
Well, it now appears that Dubya has won the election. I'm not ready to jump off a bridge like some people, but I have to say I'm disappointed. I respect the opinion of conservatives and those who back the President, but we definitely differ. I feel that the proper response for a mature society to the issues of national security facing us would be for the people to take charge and back a President that would repair relations with our erstwhile Allies and more effectively manage the current effort. Apparently, however, the majority of people seem to be more in favor of a strong leader who will be "in charge" and take care of them. It makes me feel like people have let their fear win out. So, the only question now is, where do I get my "Don't Blame Me" bumper sticker?
--------