AUTHOR: Beth TITLE: Foiled Again DATE: 1/18/2005 11:51:00 AM ----- BODY:
Stupid Friendly's. Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid Friendly's. Why must I crave their food so? The chicken parm. The colossal burgers. Even their Crispy Chicken Salad, which is what I'm jonesing for today, to the point where I am going to venture out into the freezing cold to go and get it. All this comes after fighting the urge to order all morning, finally giving in, and then getting the brilliant idea (after the Montvale Ave number was busy for an hour) to try the location in Stoneham, which is reasonably nearby provided MapQuest didn't take me on a tour through Saskatchewan on the way there. It took me forever to get the MapQuest directions to come out right, but once I did, I was pleased to see it would only take me 7 minutes to get over there, which is perfectly reasonable considering the horrendous Montvale Ave location we all know and love would probably make me wait twenty. Outside their takeout window. In the bitter, vicious cold. So, merrily, finally having outsmarted the great faceless Friendly's machine, I dialed the Stoneham number. Busy. I waited ten minutes. Busy. Because me with Friendly's is like Wile E. Coyote with the Roadrunner. Just when I think I have them beat, I go walking off a g.d. cliff. Finally, rolling my eyes, I called up Montvale Ave, actually almost crossing my fingers it would be busy too, because then I could just give up and set about getting something else for lunch. "Friendlyshowneehapyu..." Ah, shit.
--------