AUTHOR: Beth TITLE: Kitty Voyeurs DATE: 1/17/2005 10:18:00 AM ----- BODY:
Picture, if you will, two small black-and-white faces, four eerie topaz eyeballs with their feline elliptical irises, staring intently up at you while you attempt to use the toilet. That was the scene upstairs at Michele's house at at least one point yesterday. Michele warned me that the cats would follow me into the bathroom, but I don't know...I guess I figured they might only be interested in the excretions of their primary caregivers. Wrong. These cats appear to be piss conossieurs. I have never been so unnerved. There they were, glossy balls of black fur, cuddled together (sisters and littermates, they have an easy familiarity with one another, sometimes seeming to occupy the same space simply because they forget where one ends and the other begins) on the shaggy white carpet in front of the toilet, staring solemnly up at me. They then attempted to crawl into my pant legs.
--------