AUTHOR: Beth TITLE: NOW We're Cookin' With Gas. DATE: 1/20/2005 03:25:00 PM ----- BODY:
Kinja, the weblog guide
It has come to my attention recently that I have entirely too many links on my blogroll(s). And yet, I like to make the rounds every day. And yet, making the rounds the old-fashioned way--clicking on each link in succession, only to find that the vast majority of them still haven't been updated since January 3, and only to miss posts from the more prolific sites in all the fruitless clicking--has become an incredible drag. Now, I'd heard of XML. But I thought websites had to have syndication turned on in order for me to do it. And I know for a fact some of my friends who have lives are less technologically inclined probably wouldn't. So fruitless clicking would continue anyway. WRONG! Through my brand new statcounter, I saw someone else had syndicated my Sports Blog. Which, of course, didn't have any kind of syndication code in its template whatsoever. Ah HA! I thought. And discovered the answer to my syndication prayers. Ta Da!! Kinja. Signing up was free and as easy as an email account. I entered in all my URLs and PRESTO! A "digest" of all the recent updates on my favorite sites. Because hitting "refresh" once is much easier than clicking down the blogroll a half dozen times. Let that be a lesson to you all.
--------