AUTHOR: Beth TITLE: So THAT Happened... DATE: 1/15/2005 04:01:00 PM ----- BODY:
In my continuing quest to be recognized as the World's Most Absentminded Person, I have just notched a significant victory. While doing laundry at my parents' house this afternoon--actually, just a few minutes ago--I put the last load in the washer. All dark clothes. If you know me, you may already be able to see where this is going. I reached for the Color-Safe Bleach. Why I'll never know. On a whim. Hmm. I think I'll use the Color-Safe Bleach this time, make the clothes smell nicer, maybe. Like I said, I'll never know. I grabbed the bottle. Poured. I mean, poured. I probably don't even have to tell you which bottle it turned out to be. Or that I only realized this once I'd already poured a generous amount into the washer, stopped, looked at the bottle for about three solid seconds, and then shouted, as if the bottle would respond by doing something helpful, "NO!" Looks like I'm going shopping tonight for new black pants to wear to work. Sigh.
--------