AUTHOR: Beth TITLE: Blog Interviews, Part I DATE: 2/09/2005 06:31:00 PM ----- BODY:
Well, this didn't start off as planned. I got this idea the other day to ask each of the people on my blogroll who are strangers to me in real life a few general questions, just to get to know them a little better, and as a way for the people who read here to get an idea of what they might like to read. Looking back, it was probably my mistake to send one of these little questionnaires to Acidman. I like his blog, and for whatever reason I like the guy, at least from what I read in his posts, but every time I've opened my mouth over there I've had everything I've said twisted around, first by his readers and now by him. I sent him the email, and he posted the questions and his answers on his blog, without saying where they came from. Just out there. The idea for me was, I'd put the interviews up here. That was the whole point. So I sent him an angry email when I saw the post, figuring, hey, the guy doesn't really listen to shrinking violets. When I told him I wasn't happy about him putting the email up on his site, and without attribution, he responded by flipping out about how I just wanted cheap hits and posting a little rant-addendum to his post about how my questions and my approach sucked. I never asked the guy to like me. I asked him to reply to an email, and if he thought it sucked he should have taken a page out of his own book and just not responded at all. As I pointed out in the return email, the idea was for me to give him a link from over here, not the other way around. So if you've come over here from there, that's my end of the story. Frankly, I don't care if I get hits from him, or whether he or his readers like me or my blog. It was never the point in the first place. But, oh well. It's not that big a deal, really, and everyone else who's responded so far has been positive. Anyway. His post is here. Maybe in the end it was a success anyway. It probably tells you all you need to know about Gut Rumbles.
--------