AUTHOR: Beth TITLE: Blog Interviews, Part III DATE: 2/10/2005 11:29:00 AM ----- BODY:
Chris O'Donnell (no relation) of O'Donnellweb.com How did you get into blogging? I launched my first personal website on 12/31/1995. I've been on the web ever since. When blogging started to become "a thing" in 2001 I started playing around with Blogger and ODonnellWeb became a blog in early 2001. More detailed story of the night I built my first web site at http://www.odonnellweb.com/mtarchives/001422.php What do you think was your best post ever? Oooo, that's a tough one. I've got close to 1500 posts online. Without spending 2 hours analyzing this, I'm going to point to a few posts that are my favorites. This was my most popular post ever, in terms of comments and incoming links from "important" blogs. A couple of baseball related posts that I really like. And probably my all time favorite - the story of how I met my wife. What is your favorite blog, other than your own? http://lileks.com/bleats/index.html Does your blog have a main theme or goal? The big three catagories are probably home education / technology / and family life, with sports a close 4th. Do those in your personal life know about your blog? Why or why not? Yes. My mother reads my blog. In general, do you think blogging has a greater social value? I think blogging is over hyped. It's just personal publishing. It's faster and cheaper than what Thoms Paine did 225 years ago, but at it's core it's really the same thing. Lastly, what do you think of my blog? I got out of the habit of reading [Grand Mental Station] when you started putting all the Red Sox stuff on the seperate blog. I never miss a post on the Sox / Patriots blog though!
--------