AUTHOR: Beth TITLE: Blog Interviews, Part VII DATE: 2/11/2005 06:14:00 AM ----- BODY:
suileabháin ("Sullivan" in Gaelic) from OneFaceLife: How did you get into blogging? By hook and by crook . My life was starting to seem extremely odd and I wanted a way to record it while at the same time somehow making sense of things. Plus it's fun, writing and linking and posting and clicking. What do you think was your best post ever? I dunno about best, I just kinda jabber and knock posts off as I have time. But the post that received the most email was, for some reason, girl asleep on a train. What is your favorite blog, other than your own? Soxaholix, I know I can get at least one smile a day. Does your blog have a main theme or goal? 38 year old divorced guy, separated from his children by crazy ex-wife and economic circumstances, trying to sort out the life as it heads toward him at 256kb/s If things ever settle down I'm hoping it will become more of a sketchpad for longer stories. Do those in your personal life know about your blog? Why or why not? No one I know face-to-face. I thought it would keep me somewhat honest, give me a chance to tear down personae and unify all my various selves and other high flautin' nonsense. Instead I've just constructed yet another split in my personality. But for all that, it's a fairly honest record, and I wouldn't care if those in my life read it but there's the whole legal / personal nightmare that is my divorce. I am having a hard enough time getting her out of my inBox, I don't need her reading (and quoting) from my blog as well. In general, do you think blogging has a greater social value? Of course. even if it didn't perform any of the feats with which blogging has been rather breathlessly credited, this past year, I think anything that fosters writing , reflection and connection is a beneficial. Lastly, what do you think of my blog? I take a tour through Grand Mental Station daily. I love that you aren't afraid to write about it all, including of course, the Sox. Thanks for including me in the survey.
--------