AUTHOR: Beth TITLE: Blog Interviews, Part XII DATE: 2/11/2005 12:10:00 PM ----- BODY:
Kevin the One-Armed Boy from Baked Chunk. I found Kevin using the "Next Blog" button. This is actually a great feature, and I recommend you try it yourself. Kevin is one part Garrison Keillor (except in politics) and two parts escaped convict. His blog is among the most original in the blogosphere, in my humble opinion, anyway. How did you get into blogging? It was a dark and stormy night. My manservant Mellish had just made me a nice plate of cold cuts and poured me a lukewarm Schlitz and I remembered that there was something called a 'computer' in my office. Henceforth and suchwith I became a blogger. What do you think was your best post ever? I wrote something called "Ellis, Toaster Repairman". I thought it was pure comedic genius but everyone else just thought I was a strange ranger. It was nuked when I left blogdrive. What is your favorite blog, other than your own? A tie: http://missginger.blogdrive.com and http://davemania.blogspot.com. Does your blog have a main theme or goal? I try to be entertaining mostly. Some folks think I'm a scream, others just scream at me - especially when I wax political. For some reason lefties hate me and I'm just not sure why. (cough cough) Do those in your personal life know about your blog? Why or why not? My wife found out about my blogging habit and we've been in counseling ever since. Actually she never reads my blog because she gets more than enough of my manly countenance in real life. My kids are 7 and 4 and they already think I have enough problems without reading my blog. My great uncle Tommy "Crazy Meat" Spagliapetti is a sometimes reader. In general, do you think blogging has a greater social value? Actually......no. Blogging is a nice way for those who share common interests, ideals or sports teams to wax each other's chickens. It's also a good way to pick a fight without actually spilling blood. Lastly, what do you think of my blog? It's delicious but sometimes the mashed potatoes are a little runny. You're a good writer and I enjoy your work.
--------