AUTHOR: Beth TITLE: Blog Interviews, Part XIII DATE: 2/14/2005 09:09:00 AM ----- BODY:
The inimitable Linus Ingoldsby, of Ireland. How did you get into blogging? Well, I was sort of seeing a girl, and it went completely pearshaped, to a frankly unbelievable degree. She wass the person I talked to about most stuff. So I didn't really have a vent for what I wanted to say, so I got me a blog. And then of course, I chickened out of the whole talking about my feelings thing. But I still had the blog, so I kept it. What do you think was your best post ever? Umm. I don't know. There've been a few I laughed at myself when I reread them, and that is a good thing. Most of them, I never reread though, because they are GARBAGE OF THE LOWEST ORDER! I like the ones where I rant about stuff, and also the ones where I talk about what I refer to as my feelings. Anything where I am cruel is good. What is your favorite blog, other than your own? feigninginterest.blogspot.com. It's by an Irish girl, who has something of a similar sense of humour to me, but is more ordered, and funnier. I may have to kill her and wear her skin as my own. Does your blog have a main theme or goal? I have a couple, really but they aren't firm in my head. I want to be a writer, or write a lot anyway. Blogging lets me do that. Also, I tend to have stuff to say that people won't sit still for me to shout it at them in a drunken stuport, so this is a good venting point. That's what I'm getting out of it, I suppose. I think that I'd like to make people snigger and possibly start calling each other jerks, too. Do those in your personal life know about your blog? Why or why not? Initially, no, but then I told people when I was drunk. Lots of stuff tends to happen to me when I am drunk, it seems. Some people in work found out through googlism, which I was a bit freaked out by, but most people I tell them. Well, I tell them if I think they'll find it amusing. If I don't think they'll laugh, then I wouldn't waste my time. In general, do you think blogging has a greater social value? Err. Greater than what? [Editor's note: I get it. I GET it. One more of you says this, and I'm hunting you down. That is all.] I'm not sure really. I think if you can make someone think, by any means, then that's a good thing. It depends largely on the person expressing themselves. F'rinstance, I doubt a Hitler Youth blog would add greatly to the social discourse. It might, of course, but hell if I know. But the thing is that there are a bunch of assholes out there with access to the internet. THey use it for evil. 90% of anything tends to be used by complete chumpstains to express their opinions, which also tend to be stained with chump. Just look at Hollywood, Airport novels, tabloid newspapers. I think it can be used for good or evil, and it has power,then. Lastly, what do you think of my blog? You write well and clearly. I don't want to kill you, not even a little bit. This means good, I think.
--------