AUTHOR: Beth TITLE: Blog Interviews, Part XV DATE: 2/23/2005 11:48:00 AM ----- BODY:
Sarah from RallyCuff, which is all about the Red Sox, and Dance the Mare, which is all about her fascinating job as a cook in a five-star restaurant. Sarah and I have actually talked on the phone before, mostly about the Sox and Pats and her plans to move back to Boston. Sarah is teh awesem. How did you get into blogging? My friend Scott and I used to send each other these really long, involved emails about our respective baseball teams, and I got the idea to just start an online journal about the Red Sox solely for his benefit. Then somehow strangers started reading it. What do you think was your best post ever? I haven't made it yet! What is your favorite blog, other than your own? This is not ball-washing, but I really love your blog Cursed to First. I think it is far and away the most well-written Sox blog around. Does your blog have a main theme or goal? Dance the Mare is all about how much of a geek I am about food and cooking. Do those in your personal life know about your blog? Why or why not? No, not Dance the Mare. Everyone knows about Rallycuff. But a lot of my friends are also my co-workers, and I don't want them reading what i write about work, even though it is by and large innocuous. It's pretty nerdy to make a blog about your job, you know? In general, do you think blogging has a greater social value? Yes. Lastly, what do you think of my blog? I mostly read Cursed to First and I absolutely love it, even though I don't comment on it enough. I don't comment on anyone's blog enough.
--------