AUTHOR: Beth TITLE: Today's Affirmation DATE: 2/15/2005 11:25:00 AM ----- BODY:
"You are not your job, you're not how much money you have in the bank, you're not the car you drive, you're not the contents of your wallet, you're not your fucking khakis. You are the all singing, all dancing, crap of the world." --Fight Club
Words I'm trying to live by today. In other news, I had a pretty bad nightmare Saturday night / Sunday morning. I can't stop thinking about it, and I don't know what freaked me out worse, the nightmare itself or the fact that I had a nightmare, because recurring, vivid, disgusting nightmares were something that happened a lot when I was sick before. Still, even "normal" people have nightmares every so often, and this is the first one I've had in a very long time. It also happened after my entire circadian rhythm got thrown off by my activities (including drinking) this past weekend, and there are actually some experts who theorize that nightmares have little to do with actual subconscious stress whatsoever, and are merely the manifestation of some sort of physical ailment or change in the body's routines. Of course, there are also those who believe those experts are completely full of shit, because there's no way a bad burrito did that. But, still (at least I keep telling myself), unless it recurs, gets worse or continues to intrude, it's probably not a big deal. I've been toying with the idea of writing it down, though, because one thing my twisted brain does do well is give me clear, concise, actually fairly ingenious storylines, the better to freak me the fuck out. Maybe I should share the wealth. Actually, when I woke up Sunday morning, heart pounding, sweating, shaking, sobbing, my first thought beyond What the fuck!?!? was I need to write this shit down! Kay, now that's screwed up. But I still might do it. Stay tuned.
--------