AUTHOR: Beth TITLE: Head Explody DATE: 3/23/2005 08:50:00 AM ----- BODY:
This is not the end of the world, at all, and I want to make it clear that I understand that fact. Shit happens. Life happens. That's the way it goes. But still. Got the call today from the insurance company that they are not, repeat not paying for my rental car, because they have found their insured not liable. Awesome. Apparently they're just going to take his word for what happened, not believe me, and I'll be stuck with a bill for 75% of my net income for the past three weeks for the rental, not to mention the car payments that are starting up in May. With rent due in a week. Oh, and when I asked how it was that liability could have been determined 100% in his direction by my adjuster and 100% in my direction by his adjuster, his adjuster snapped back that she would be forwarding her information to my adjuster and attempting to get liability reversed. So there's another $500.00 for my troubles--and the insult to injury in the contention that the accident was my fault. Most of my money is gone. I've been guarding this nest egg for two years, and poof! Gone in an instant. Life fucking sucks sometimes.
--------