AUTHOR: Beth TITLE: Murphy and Me DATE: 3/24/2005 08:57:00 AM ----- BODY:
Today it is snowing. Of course. Because that's really all we need here in Massachusetts--more snow. On today of all days. This morning my cell phone rang at 8:11 a.m. The ring tone was Kellie's. Kellie never calls me before noon. I mean, never. Especially never when I'm not expecting her to call. I picked up the phone, heart pounding. "I just wanted you to know, I just got in an accident also," she said. "Oh my God! Are you all right?" I shrieked. "Yeah, I'm fine." "What about your car?" "It has a huge freakin' scratch in the front now. I'm pissed." "Oh, man, you gave me a freakin' heart attack!" "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you. I just thought you'd find it humorous." "Well, yeah. Apparently it's open season on Toyotas." Have I mentioned I'm picking up my car from the dealership today?
--------